The original brewery was named Næstvedbryggerier A/S "Føniks". It was in function from 1889 to 1955.
The new project began unter the name Næstved bryggeriet Føniks, born by John Serritslev from Slagelse Bryghus in 2006, but was in a periode a castlebrewery.
From 2008 to febary 2012 was the brewery together with Slotsbryggeriet Gavnø. After that the Føniks brewery moved back to Næstved.